I sure hope he likes it. Because if he doesn't like this cuteness, I really don't know what will impress him.
Yarn: 1/2 skein of Cascade 220 Superwash in Walnut Heather
Needles: Size 6 straights for the hat and size 6 circs for the ears
Notions: Tapestry needle
Modifications: I took out a few rows of the middle section to make it smaller. Also, obviously, the ears. I made them the same way I make a toe-up sock. Using Judy's Magic Cast On I started with 18 stitches and increased every other round until I had 42 stitches. I bound off, sewed the ears together at the bottom, and then sewed them to the hat so that the ears turned in a little bit. Oh, and I added some seed stitch for a little bit of decoration. All in all I think the ears are adorable.
I'm still debating as to whether or not I want to add any cords to the earflaps. Seeing as how I have a lot of holiday projects to accomplish in a short amount of time, I might just pass.
I can't wait to try it on this little guy. Here he is modeling my Simple Shawl.
I get to see him in two weeks and two days!
Next up, I'll fill you in on how my Nutkin knee socks are going. And I'll be starting on Jackson's first Christmas stocking tonight!